London Stadium – Commercial strategy
About the brand
Built to host London 2012, the former Olympic Stadium at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London Stadium is home to West Ham United in the Premier League, to UK Athletics as well as playing host to world-class sports and entertainment events throughout the summer
Following its conversion to a multi-use entertainment venue, London Stadium had demonstrated its ability to successfully deliver a variety of world class entertainment events.
E20 Stadium LLP (E20), the owner of London Stadium, wished to further develop its commercial strategy, to build on the learnings from these events and align stakeholders around a new long-term vision for the stadium.
WHAT WE DID
Pragma worked closely with the stadium owner and its operator to develop the stadium’s commercial strategy. Our project comprised of a multi-faceted work programme:
- Interviews with a wide variety of stadium stakeholders, including tenants, partners, promotors, and team members, past and present
- Quantitative research amongst UK consumers, to understand attitudes towards the stadium and its contemporaries, and live entertainment behaviours more broadly
- An evaluation of the stadium proposition, supported by desk research, audits, trading data analysis and expert interviews
- Scenario analysis of a variety of potential content programmes for the stadium
- A series of workshops with the stadium leadership team, to formulate and refine the long-term strategy
Our work culminated in the development of a brand framework, articulating the stadium proposition and setting out its long-term objectives, together with an initiative plan to guide implementation.