Forest Holidays - Shopper & Brand Strategy
About the brand
Forest Holidays was founded by the Forestry Commission back in the 1960s to meet the growing demand for holiday accommodation in forest locations. Although Forest Holidays is today an independent company, it is still part owned by the Forestry Commission.
Forest Holidays’ management wanted to better understand their customer and commissioned Pragma to undertake an analysis of Forest Holidays’ customers and enquirers’ behaviour.
– Define key factors behind holiday choice for customers
– Evaluate what customers valued about the Forest Holidays experience
– Analyse pricing strategy
– Test customer reaction to new and proposed product offerings
– Provide customer segmentation and market sizing
WHAT WE DID
- Conducted management interviews and undertook detailed customer research to get a detailed understanding of what customers most love about Forest Holidays
- Provided recommendations in relation to key drivers underpinning holiday choice across customer segments and suggested additional services that could be provided to enhance the customer experience
The results of the project are being used to inform and guide Forest Holidays’ marketing and pricing strategy, as well as cabin configurations in existing and future locations.