Blanchardstown Retail Impact Assessment
About the brand
The 60,545 m2 Blanchardstown Centre to the north west of Dublin City offers a unique shopping & leisure experience. Home to over 180 stores, 3 Retail Parks and 25 Restaurants, it is Ireland’s most accessible and largest destination shopping centre.
The centre was bought by Blackstone in 2016 and asset manager Multi Ireland was keen to understand the impact of a planned extension on shopping patterns and trading performance
- Provide detailed understanding of the retail catchment and shopper attitudes
- Show how future shopping patterns will change as a result of a proposed extension and pipeline retail developments elsewhere
- Identify the impact on future trading performance and tenant mix.
WHAT WE DID
- Undertook Shopper Surveys and defined the retail catchment
- Produced catchment, demographic profile and market size estimates
- Prioritised Trading Gaps – turnover growth potential by merchandise group
- Quantified the opportunity for additional Food & Beverage provision
- Used a Gravity Model to estimate future changes in shopping patterns
- Carried out a detailed assessment of retail capacity
- Recommended an Ideal Retail Mix to increase footfall and visitor conversion
- Prioritised Target Occupiers using Pragma’s unique occupier segmentation tools
Pragma delivered a full research report and presented the findings to the Asset Management team. Outputs were incorporated within the leasing brochure, B2B and B2C marketing and provided a basis for responding to future bespoke requests relating to retailer performance.